News & Publications
- CPPA White Paper: Referring a Healthcare Professional for Assessment. March 2013.
- CPPA White Paper: The PARS Program and a Successful OPPE. June 2012.
- CPPA White Paper: Working Successfully with Patient Relations Staff. March 2012.
- CPPA White Paper: Cup of Coffee. September 2011.
- CPPA White Paper: Getting the Word Out. February 2011.
- CPPA Executive Summary: The Impact of Disruptive Behavior on Nursing Professionals. August 2011.
- Painter, Kim, USA TODAY, April 20, 2013: When doctors are bullies, patient safety may suffer. Studies ...have found that 5% of physicians in any health care organization account for more than a third of complaints from patients and for 40% of malpractice claims, says Gerald Hickson
- Hickson GB. On membership in the American Society of Professionals in Patient Safety (ASPPS). December 2012.
- Hickson GB. How doctors can learn from each other to make healthcare safer. Medical Protection Society International Conference. November 2012. (1:05min)
- Hickson GB. Balancing systems and human accountability in pursuit of a culture of safety. First Annual Lisa Heiser Lecture, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine & Johns Hopkins Hospital. March 2012. (1:25:42)
- Pichert JW, Pottkotter H. Closing loops: A critical component of healthcare service recovery. RL Solutions. 2012.
- Hickson GB. Risks and liabilities of disruptive behavior. Expert practice series: Overcoming disruptive behavior [Video]. QuantiaMD. 2011.
- Hickson GB. Organizational approaches to disruptive behavior. Expert practice series: Overcoming disruptive behavior [Video]. QuantiaMD. 2011.
- Hickson GB, Wachter RB. Perspectives on Safety. High-risk physicians and disruptive behaviors: In conversation with... Gerald B. Hickson, MD. [transcript and podcast]. Web M&M: Morbidity & Mortality Rounds on the Web. December 2009.
- Pichert, JW. Why patient complaints are important [Webinar]. RL Solutions. 2009.
- Hickson GB, Pichert JW. Chapter 28: Identifying and addressing physicians at high risk for medical malpractice claims. In: Youngberg B, ed. Patient Safety Handbook.2nd ed. Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning; 2013:347-368.
- Kynes JM, Schildcrout JS, Hickson GB, Pichert JW, Han X, Ehrenfeld JM, Westlake MW, Catron T, St. Jacques P. An analysis of risk factors for patient complaints about ambulatory anesthesiology care. Anesth Analg. 2013 Feb 5. [Epub ahead of print] PMID:23385054
- Hickson GB, Pichert JW. Human accountability in the pursuit of quality and safety. Texas Healthcare Trustees: Trustee Bulletin. 2012 Summer; 1-4.
- Hickson GB, Moore IN, Pichert JW, Benegas Jr M. Balancing systems and individual accountability in a safety culture. In: Berman S, ed. From Front Office to Front Line. 2nd ed. Oakbrook Terrace, IL: Joint Commission Resources;2012:1-36.
- Reiter CE, Hickson GB, Pichert JW. Addressing behavior and performance issues that threaten quality and patient safety: What your attorneys want you to know. Prog Pediatr Cardio. 2012;33(1):37-45. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ppedcard.2011.12.007
- Sanfey H, DaRosa DA, Hickson GB, Williams B, Sudan R, Boehler ML, et al. Pursuing professional accountability: An evidence-based approach to addressing residents with behavioral problems. Arch Surg. 2012;147(7):642-647. PMID: 22802059
- Johnson JG, Daniels TL, Hickson GB, Smith MW, Fergus C, Talbot TR. Using financial incentives to improve hand hygiene adherence. Poster presentation at the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology in America 21st Annual Scientific Meeting, Dallas, TX, April 2, 2011.
- Pichert JW, Hickson GB, Pinto A, Vincent C. Communicating about unexpected outcomes, adverse events, and errors. In: Carayon P, ed. Handbook of Human Factors and Ergonomics in Health Care and Patient Safety. 2nd ed. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press;2011:401-422.
- Pichert JW, Johns JA, Hickson GB. Professionalism in support of pediatric cardio-thoracic surgery: A case of a bright young surgeon. Prog Pediatr Cardio. 2011;32(2): 89-96. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ppedcard.2011.10.006
- Pichert JW, Moore IN, Hickson GB. Professionals promoting professionalism. Jt Comm J Qual Patient Safe. 2011;37(10):446. PMID: 22013817.
- Hayden AC, Pichert JW, Fawcett J, Moore IN, Hickson GB. Best practices and advanced skills in healthcare service recovery programs. Jt Comm J Qual Patient Safe. July 2010;36(7):310-318. PMID: 21226384
- Hickson GB, Entman SS. Physicians influence the malpractice problem. Obstet Gynecol. 2010 April; 115(4):682-686. PMID: 20308825
- Hickson GB, Hayden AC, Pichert JW. "The PARS Program: How Unsolicited Patient Comments Can Be Used to Promote a Safer Healthcare Environment, Address Unprofessional Conduct and Reduce Unnecessary Malpractice Risk." Presented at the Concurrent Session: Managing and Moderating the Disruptive Clinician: Legal and Practical Strategies, 2010 Annual Meeting of the American Health Lawyers, June 29, 2010.
- Mukherjee K, Pichert JW, Cornett MB, Yan G, Hickson GW, Diaz JJ. All trauma surgeons are not created equal: Asymmetric distribution of malpractice claims risk. J Trauma. 2010 Sep; 69(3):549-554. PMID: 20838125
- Pichert JW, Hickson GB. A perspective from a Center for Patient and Professional Advocacy. In: Spandorfer J, Pohl C, Rattner SL, eds. Professionalism in Medicine: A Case-Based Guide for Medical Students. Cambridge, MA: Cambridge University Press; 2010: 252-253.
- Stimson CJ, Pichert JW, Moore IN, Dmochowski RR, Cornett MB, An AQ, Hickson GB. Medical malpractice claims risk in urology: An empirical analysis of patient complaint data. J Urol. 2010 May;183(5):1972-1976. PMID: 20303531
- Hickson GB."Identifying and intervening with high risk physicians." Presentation at: Patient Safety and Medical Liability Reform National Advisory Council Subcommittee Meeting; October 26, 2009; Washington, DC.
- Swiggart WH, Dewey CM, Hickson GB, Finlayson AJR, Spickard WA Jr. A plan for identification, treatment and remediation of disruptive behaviors in physicians. Front Health Serv Manage. 2009 Summer; 25(4):3-11. PMID: 19603686
- Deis JN, Smith KM, Warren MD, Throop PG, Hickson GB, Joers BJ, Deshpande JK. Transforming the Morbidity and Mortality Conference into an instrument for system-wide improvement. In: Henriksen K, Battles JB, Keyes MA, Grady ML, eds. Advances in Patient Safety: New Directions and Alternative Approaches, Vol 2. Culture and Redesign. AHRQ Publication no. 08-003402. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; August 2008. Bookshelf ID: NBK43710
- Hickson GB. Deal with difficult physicians. Hardwired Results ezine. Spring 2008(10).
- Hickson GB, Entman SS. Physician practice behavior and litigation risk: Evidence and opportunity. Clin Obstet Gynecol. 2008 Dec;51(4):688-699. PMID: 18981793
- Hickson GB, Pichert JW. Disclosure and apology. In: National Patient Safety Foundation. Stand Up for Patient Safety Resource Guide. North Adams, MA: the Foundation; 2008. [Developed by Vanderbilt University Center for Patient and Professional Advocacy for the National Patient Safety Foundation, 2007.]
- Pichert JW, Hickson GB, Moore IN. Using patient complaints to promote patient safety. In: Henriksen K, Battles JB, Keyes MA, Grady ML, eds. Advances in Patient Safety: New Directions and Alternative Approaches, Vol 2. Culture and Redesign. AHRQ Publication no. 08-003402. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; August 2008. Bookshelf ID: NBK43703
- Hain PD, Pichert JW, Hickson GB, Bledsoe SH, Hamming D, Hathaway J, Nguyen C. Using risk management files to identify and address causative factors associated with adverse events in pediatrics. Ther Clin Risk Manag. 2007 Aug;3(4): 625-631. PMCID: PMC2374929
- Hickson GB, Federspiel CF Blackford JU, Pichert JW, Gaska W, Merrigan M, Miller CS. Patient complaints and malpractice risk in a regional healthcare center. South Med J. 2007 Aug;100(8):791-796. PMID: 17713305
- Hickson GB, Jenkins, AD. Identifying and addressing communication failures as a means of reducing unnecessary malpractice risk. N C Med J. 2007 Sep-Oct;68(5):362-364. PMID: 18183762
- Hickson GB, Pichert JW. Identifying and intervening with high-malpractice-risk physicians to reduce claims. Physician Insurer. 2007;4:29-36.
- Hickson GB, Pichert JW, Webb LE, Gabbe SG. A complementary approach to promoting professionalism: Identifying, measuring, and addressing unprofessional behaviors. Acad Med. 2007 Nov;82(11):1040-1048. PMID: 17971689
- Moore IN, Snyder SL, Miller C, An AQ, Blackford JU, Zhou C, Hickson GB. Confidentiality and privacy in health care from the patient's perspective: Does HIPAA help? Health Matrix Clevel. 2007 Spring; 17(2):215-272. PMID: 18326392
- Pichert JW, Hickson GB, Vincent C. Communicating about unexpected outcomes and errors. In: Carayon P, ed. Handbook of Human Factors and Ergonomics in Healthcare and Patient Safety. Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates; 2007.
- Moore IN, Pichert JW, Hickson GB, Federspiel CF, Blackford JU. Rethinking peer review: detecting and addressing medical malpractice claims risk. Vanderbilt Law Review. 2006 May 1;59:1175-1206.
- Murff HJ, France DJ, Blackford JU, Grogan EL, Yu C, Speroff T, Pichert JW, Hickson GB. The relationship of patient complaints and surgical complications. Qual Saf Health Care. 2006 Feb; 15(1):13-16. PMCID:PMC2564001