PARS Summit 2013 -
The Recalcitrant Professional
October 10-12, 2013
Student Life Center, Vanderbilt University
Join the Center for Patient and Professional Advocacy at Vanderbilt (CPPA) on October 10 - 12 for a CME program to discuss cause and effects, policies and legalities, and solutions to managing The Recalcitrant Professional.The Summit will:
- Review all forms of behavior/performance that undermine a culture of safety and how these unprofessional behaviors are manifested
- Address the impact of the Recalcitrant Professional on teamwork, cost reduction strategies, safety/quality indicators, and performance metrics
- Present case examples to illustrate challenges, legal concepts and solutions
- Describe the organizational infrastructure and skills required to address the Recalcitrant Professional and promote a culture of safety
- Develop and share best practices in getting the recalcitrant professional to the right services and ways to assess performance when they return to work
Click on the topics below for more information.
- A limited number of rooms are held at the Marriot, 2525 West End Ave.
- Please indicate on the Registration form if you qualify for one of the discounts or waivers explained below.
Summit Participant Fee: $500
Please submit payment to:
- 50% discount on Summit fee for attendees of the Pre-summit CPPA Promoting Professional Accountability Program.
- Fee waived for PARS Partners and recent CPPA educational program hosts.
- Registration and payment must be received by October 4, 2013.
- By check - Make check payable to: Center for Patient and Professional Advocacy (CPPA). Send check and registration form to CPPA.
- By credit card - Download this credit card payment form. Send the the completed form with the registration to CPPA.
The Center for Patient and Professional Advocacy
ATTN: PARS Summit 2013
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
2135 Blakemore Avenue
Nashville, TN 37212-3505
GERALD B. HICKSON, MD Assistant Vice Chancellor for Health Affairs Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
THOMAS F. CATRON, PhD Chief Operating Officer, CPPA Associate Professor, Medical Education and Administration
JAMES W. PICHERT, PhD Professor of Medical Education Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
Vanderbilt University School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Vanderbilt University School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 10.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been submitted to the Tennessee Nurses Association for approval to award contact hours. Tennessee Nurses Association is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Sponsored by the Vanderbilt University School of Medicine Center for Patient and Professional Advocacy.
Have questions and ideas? Email or call (615-343-4500) Carly A. Swindell for more information.
Scenes from the PARS Summit 2011
Have questions and ideas? Email or call (615-343-4500) Carly Swindell for more information.