Clinical Research Center Costs
Beginning June 1, 2017, the CRC will change to a subsidized fee-for-service model. In the new CTSA project period, a limited amount of CTSA funding is allowed for CRC resources in small pilot studies; however, investigator-initiated sponsored studies (federal, foundation, etc.) should begin including the subsidized CRC fees in your study budget. Industry-sponsored should budget the full rate.
CRC Fee Structure (effective 6/1/2017)
|$25/hour ($75/hour from VICTR)
Each hour includes one CRC room, one CRC nurse or technologist, general clinical supplies, and standard meals provided by VUH Dietary Services.
Obtain a CRC Core Quote
- Click on the appropriate CRC Core Quote Request for Investigator-Initiated Study or Industry–Sponsored Study
- Fill out quote request and email to CRCQuoteRequest@vanderbilt.edu and include you schedule of events for review.
- Quote request will include a box to inform us of the type of meal you will need for each visit. Outpatient VUH Boxed Meals or Inpatient VUH Trays are included in the standard price for these regular meals needed. Please keep in mind that Inpatient VUH Meals are delivered at 0800-1200-1700 and if you have needs for your participant to eat at other times due to protocol timing, then you will need to request VNDAC meals. VNDAC core can provide meals at any specific study time points as well as provide specialized nutrient control meals as required for the study protocol. VNDAC meals will require a quote from Heidi Silver, PH.D. at Diet, Body Composition, and Human Metabolism Core under Forms and Policies.
- Quote request will also include a box to list any medications needed from our electronic medication dispensing machine (AcuDose). These items are not included in the standard price and will need to be a part of your billing plan to get the appropriate cost, however we do want to be aware of the need to be sure we stock the appropriate medications needed.
- Please Allow 7 business days to finalize your quote and then upload into your StarBRITE application.