- Slagle, J., and Weinger, M. B.: The effects of intraoperative reading on vigilance and workload during anesthesia care in an academic medical center. Anesthesiology 110(2): 275-83, 2009.
- Stucky ER, Dresselhaus TR, Dollarhide A, Shively M, Maynard G, Jain S, Wolfson T, Weinger MB, Rutledge T: Intern to attending: assessing stress among physicians. Academic Medicine 84(2): 251-7, Feb 2009.
- Cao, C. G. L., Weinger, M. B., Slagle, J., Zhou, C., Ou, J., Vora, S., Sheh, B., and Mazzei, W.: Differences in day and night shift clinical performance in Anesthesiology. Human Factors 50: 276-90, 2008.
- Miller A, Scheinkestel C, Steele C. (2008). The effects of information presentation on physicians’ and nurses’ decision-making in ICUs. Appl Ergon: Epub Oct 2008.
- Levin SR, Dittus, RS, Aronsky D, Weinger, WB, Han JH, Boord, J, France DJ . Optimizing Cardiology Capacity to Reduce Emergency Department Boarding: A Systems Engineering Approach. Am Heart J. 2008 Dec;156(6):1202-9. Epub 2008 Aug 29.
- Oken A, Rasmussen MD, Slagle J, Jain S, Kuykendall T, Ordonez N, Weinger MB: A Facilitated Survey Instrument Captures Significantly More Anesthesia Events Than Does Traditional Voluntary Event Reporting. Anesthesiology 107: 909-22, 2007.
- Power G & Miller A. Using simulated cardio-pulmonary bypass (CPB) failure as a basis for a perfusionists’ training needs analysis. Journal of Extracorporeal Technology. 39(3) 160-167, 2007.
- Miller, A & Xiao, Y: Multi-level strategies to achieve resilience for an organization operating at capacity: a case study at a trauma centre. Cognition Technology and Work. 9:51-66, 2007.
- Levin S, Hemphill R, Han J, Aronsky D, Slagle J, France D: Shifting Toward Balance: Measuring the distribution of workload among emergency physician teams. Annals of Emergency Medicine 50: 419-23, 2007.
- Tucker, A. Miller, A. Sweeney, D. & Jones, JW: Continuing Medical Education: A needs analysis for anaesthetists. Anaesthesia & Intensive Care. 34(6): 765-769, 2006.
- Liang BA, Weinger MB, Suydam S.:Learning from others: legal aspects of sharing patient safety data using provider consortia. J Patient Safety 2005;1:83-89.
- M B Weinger, D C Gonzales, J Slagle and M Syeed: Video capture of clinical care to enhance patient safety. Qual Saf Health Care 2004;13:136-144.
- Miller, A: A work domain analysis framework for modeling intensive care unit patients. Cogn Tech Work 6: 207-222, 2004.
- Weinger MB, Slagle J, Jain S, Ordonez N: Retrospective data collection and analytical techniques for patient safety studies. J Biomed Inform 2003, 36: 106-119.
- Weinger, MB, Ancoli-Israel Sonia: Sleep deprivation and clinical performance.
JAMA 2002 Feb 27; 287(8): 955-957.
- Weinger MB, Slagle J. Human factors research in anesthesia patient safety. Techniques to elucidate factors affecting clinical task performance and decision making. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2002; 9 (Suppl): S58–63.
- Pratt, N., Vo, K., Ganiats, T. G., Weinger, M. B.: San Diego Center for Patient Safety: Creating a successful patient safety research, education, and community collaborative. Henriksen, K, Battles, J. B., Marks, E.S., Lewin, D. I., Editors: Advances in Patient Safety: From Research to Implementation. Volume 4. Programs, Tools, and Products. AHRQ Publication No. 05-0021-4. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, pp. 33-44, 2005.
- Miller, A., Novak, L., Weinger, M., Buerhaus, P.: Processes and support tools for interhospital neonatal patient transfer: A preliminary study. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society 52: 865-869, 2008.
- Miller, A., Miller, R., Hutchison, S., Weinger, M., Buerhaus, P.: Clinical communication in a Trauma Intensive Care Unit(ICU): a case study. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society 52: 865-869, 2008.
- Slagle, J. M, Kuntz, A., France, D., Speroff, T., Madbouly, A., and Weinger, M.B.: Simulation Training for Rapid Assessment and Improved Teamwork: Lessons learned from a project evaluating clinical handoffs. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society 51: 668-672, 2007.
- Miller, A., Steele, C: Extending clinical information systems design in the ICU. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society 51: 697-701, 2007.
- Miller, A.: Team coordination in an Intensive Care Unit. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society 51: 678-691, 2007.
- Unertl, K. M., Weinger, M., Johnson, K.: Variation in use of informatics tools among providers in a diabetes clinic. American Medical Informatics Association Annual Symposium Proceedings. Oct 11, 2007: 756-60.
- Rayo, M., Smith, P., Weinger, M. B., Slagle, J. S.: Assessing Medication Safety Technology in the Intensive Care Unit. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society 51: 692-696, 2007.
- Levin S, Han J, Aronsky D, Zhou C, Hoot N, Kelly L, France DJ. Stranded on Emergency Isle: Modeling Competition for Cardiac Services using Survival Analysis. Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, 2007 IEEE International Conference on. pp. 1772 – 1776, Dec. 2007.
- Cao CGL, Ozdas A, Slagle J: Utilization of computerized order entry protocols in the ICU for glucose management. Proc International Ergonomics Association Congress, 2006.
- Schultz K, Slagle J, Brown R, Douglas S, Frederick B, Lakhani M, Scruggs J, Slater B, Weinger MB, Wood KE, Carayon P: Development of a job task analysis tool for assessing the work of physicians in the intensive care unit. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society 50: 16-20 October 2006:1469-1472.
- Weinger, Matthew B. and Smith, N. Ty: Vigilance, Alarms, and Integrated Monitoring Systems. Revised from original chapter appearing in Ehrenwerth J, Eisenkraft, J (eds): Anesthesia Equipment: Principles and Applications. St. Louis, MO: Mosby - Year book, 1993. This Chapter revised in 1997 but Second Edition was never published.