All investigators must create an account that is password protected per investigator >> Please CLICK HERE >>and follow instructions for submission of samples.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please ignore the price list on the linked website. These prices are not correct.
Samples for hormones, amino acids, nucleotides and gluconeogenesis are logged in at 713 PRB or 758 PRB accordingly:
- If in bags, each tube should be labeled with Date, ID, Investigator's name, and type assay requested.
The same applies if the samples are brought in boxes except tubes should be organized in the order to be assayed.
- Complete the << order submission form online >>, make a copy, and place it in the container with your samples enclosed in a plastic bag. Place samples in the designated retainer bins in the -20 freezer in 711 or 758.
- A center number must be provided when the samples are submitted. Reports will not be distributed without the appropriate account number to be charged. For samples received outside of Vanderbilt, a purchase order number must accompany the samples. The core does not accept procurement cards at this time.
- Please provide a contact name, phone number and an email address.
- Mouse users must complete the "Request for Services" at the
>> MMPC website (www.mmpc.org ) >> and a copy of the form should also accompany samples.
- Outside investigators should ship samples overnight on dry ice to 713 PRB, 2220 Pierce Ave. Nashville, TN 37232.
Please ship samples Monday through Wednesday so that the core receives them no later than Thursday of any given week.
Investigators using the MMPC must indicate anticipated levels for the various hormones/analytes measured and whether duplicates or a single data point is required. All samples for mouse assays are diluted because of limited sample volume. Therefore, this information is required so that accurate dilutions can be determined based upon investigator needs.