About the Library - iPads
EBL iPads may be checked out by VUMC faculty, staff, and students.
Eskind Library iPad Checkout Policy
- iPads may be checked out for a 24-hour period. They can only be checked out during full service hours, and must be returned to an EBL staff member or security guard at the front desk. Under no circumstances should an iPad be returned through the book drop.
- iPads may be checked out by VUMC faculty, staff, and students.
- iPads are checked-out on a first-come-first-served basis (no holds).
- Each iPad is reset when it is returned. This process permanently erases all personal data and downloaded information.
Patient Health Information
- iPads cannot be encrypted and do not meet Vanderbilt standards for data protection—do not store Protected Health Information or Research Health Information on the iPad.
- Relevant Vanderbilt policies regarding computer use and protected information apply.
- If the iPad screen is dirty, clean with a microfiber cloth. Do not use cleaning solutions such as Windex or rubbing alcohol—this will damage the screen.
- When caring for patients, wash your hands before and after using the iPad to prevent contamination of the device.
- Do not use in isolation rooms to prevent transmission of resistant organisms.
- Acceptable hospital cleaning solutions are under review.