About the Library - Mission Statement
To support the highest standards in patient care, health care education, and biomedical research through the effective use of information. To achieve this mission, we have identified the following nine goals:
- Enable cost effective access by the Vanderbilt community to biomedical knowledge at the place and time that it is needed to support the Medical Center's missions of education, research and patient care.
- Enable the Vanderbilt community to package information content as re-usable, sharable resources.
- Preserve, and provide universal access to, original biomedical artifacts of historical value.
- Provide an environment that is conducive to continual learning and research.
- Facilitate understanding by the Vanderbilt community of information resources and of how to incorporate information resources into work processes.
- Develop new products that enhance VUMC's excellence and competitiveness based upon information services.
- Conduct leading edge research on subjects related to creation, management or utilization of information resources and implement innovative practices to benefit the Vanderbilt community.
- Provide a challenging supportive environment in which our own staff thrive and grow as individuals while supporting the mission.
- Train the library leaders of the future.