Storage & Annex Retrieval Request
EBL stores older materials at an off-site location. Retrievals from storage are made according to the Retrieval Schedule. Retrieved storage items are held at the EBL Circulation Desk for 72 hours. Call 936-1410 if you have questions or special needs.
Use this form only for:
- journals published before 1975 and designated as "Held by: BIOMEDICAL" in Acorn.
- NOTE: All volumes (1883-current) of JAMA: The Journal of the American Medical Association are held in EBL. No storage request is necessary.
- NOTE: Selected popular journal titles have volumes 1970-1974 available in EBL. No storage request is necessary. Click here for the list.
- books designated as "Held by: BIOMEDICAL" and published before 1970 or listed in the location "HISTANNEX" in Acorn.
- NOTE: For all other book requests, please come to the History of Medicine Room on the third floor of the Eskind Biomedical Library.
Retrieval Schedule: Monday-Friday
- Requests placed before 10 am on Monday, Wednesday, or Friday will be available after 1 pm the same day.
- For requests placed any time on Tuesday or Thursday or after 10 am on Monday Wednesday, or Friday:
|Request Placed On:||Item Will Be Available:|
|Monday after 10 am||after 1 pm on Wednesday|
|Tuesday||after 1 pm on Wednesday|
|Wednesday after 10 am||after 1 pm on Friday|
|Thursday||after 1 pm on Friday|
|Friday after 10 am||after 1 pm on Monday|
Special requests received after 10 am Monday-Friday, if judged as critical/urgent (i.e., needed for patient care, grant submission deadline approaching), will be retrieved and made available for pick-up by 4:30 pm. To initiate this procedure, call the Document Delivery Service (936-1405) or the Eskind Biomedical Library front desk (936-1410).
Items in BOLD are required.