Storage & Annex Retrieval Request
All EBL journals are either available electronically or stored off-site. Retrievals of print journals, as well as some older books not shelved on the 2nd floor stacks, are made according to the Retrieval Schedule. Retrieved items are held at the EBL Circulation Desk for 72 hours. These items do not circulate, but requestors may scan or copy the needed pages using the on-site scanner or copiers.
Call 936-1410 if you have questions or special needs.
Use this form only for:
- journals that are in Storage.
- journals that are in the Annex.
- book titles designated as "Held by: BIOMEDICAL" and listed in the location "HISTANNEX" in Acorn.
- NOTE: For all other book requests, please come to the History of Medicine Room on the third floor of the Eskind Biomedical Library.
Retrieval Schedule: Monday-Friday
- Requests placed before 10 am on Monday, Wednesday, or Friday will be available after 1 pm the same day.
- For requests placed any time on Tuesday or Thursday or after 10 am on Monday Wednesday, or Friday, please refer to the following retrieval schedule:
|Request Placed On:||Item Will Be Available:|
|Monday after 10 am||after 1 pm on Wednesday|
|Tuesday||after 1 pm on Wednesday|
|Wednesday after 10 am||after 1 pm on Friday|
|Thursday||after 1 pm on Friday|
|Friday after 10 am||after 1 pm on Monday|
Special requests received after 10 am Monday-Friday, if judged as critical/urgent (i.e., needed for patient care, or to meet an approaching grant submission deadline), will be retrieved and made available for pick-up by 4:30 pm. To initiate this procedure, call the Document Delivery Service (936-1405) or the Eskind Biomedical Library front desk (936-1410).
Items in BOLD are required.