Christopher R Ryland, MSIS
- Eskind Biomedical Library
Job Related Information
Assistant Director for Special Collections
Eskind Biomedical Library
- Special Collections - Historical Collections
- Special Collections - Archives
- Library Knowledge Management
Learning Framework Skills:
- Ability to handle stress
- Ability to read others
- Adapt to constituency (faculty, staff, students, etc.)
- Attention to detail
- Character (ethical, integrity, principled, credible)
- Common sense
- Conflict resolution
- Constructive criticism
- Courage to challenge/defend ideas/make hard decisions
- Culture of trust
- Discloses own positions
- Interpersonal relations
- Interpersonal sensitivity (tolerance, cultural awareness)
- Operates with integrity
- Respect (self and others)
- Social skills
- Takes responsibility
- Certified Archivist
- Tenopir, C; King, DW; Hoffman, Randy; McSween, E; Ryland, CR; and Smith, E. Scientists' Use of Journals: Differences (and Similarities) Between Print and Electronic. Proceedings of the 22nd National Online Meeting sponsored by Information Today, Inc., May 2001. New York, NY.
- Ryland, CR; Kou, Q; Williams, AM; Giuse, D; Sathe, NA; Giuse, NB. Exposing Hidden Innovation: Establishing a Portal for Capturing and Reusing Developer Knowledge Within an Informatics Setting. Southern Chapter/Medical Library Association Annual Meeting, October 2004, Biloxi, MS.
- Ryland, CR; Kou, Q; Nordmoe, J; Teloh, M. Keeping History Up to Date: Managing an Integrated Special Collections Digital Library. Southern Chapter/Medical Library Association Annual Meeting, October 2005, San Juan, PR.
- Ryland, CR; Teloh, M; Nordmoe, J; Kou, Q. Managing and Disseminating Historical Content via an Archival Knowledge Management Database Application. Medical Library Association Annual Meeting, May 2006, Phoenix, AZ.
- Ryland, CR; Jerome, R; Zhao, J; Kou, Q. Leveraging Search Data as a Strategic Tool for Developing and Refining Specialized Portal Content. Medical Library Association Annual Meeting, May 2007, Philadelphia, PA.
- Ryland, CR; Koonce, T; Thweatt, J; Teloh, M, and Giuse, NB. Using Innovative Technology to Showcase the Uniqueness and Elevate the Global Visibility of a Special Collections. Proceedings of the 108th Annual Meeting of the Medical Library Association, Inc. Chicago, IL May 16-21, 2008.
- Ryland, CR. Paracelsus. In Encyclopedia of Pestilence, Pandemics, and Plagues, Ed. Joseph Byrne. Greenwood: Westport CT, 2009.