• More than 500 entries poured in after the contest was announced in September.
• One of the best ways to describe the overall effect is “A bonanza of cuteness.”
• For budget reasons, fewer pages of pets are included in the print version than
in previous years; to make up for this, many more pets are featured here on the
House Organ Web site.
• The pets in the print version represent 10 dogs, 10 cats, and 10 groups or duos of friends.
• Also here at the House Organ site, there is a link to the 2010 House Organ Pet Poll,
which allows readers to vote on favorites, one vote per computer per category.
• Those attempting to circumvent the voting process by automatic votes or other
means will be disqualified.
• The categories and pets in the poll are the same as those in the print version—10 dogs, 10 cats, and 10 groups or duos.
• Voting begins at 10 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 5, and concludes at 10 a.m. on
Thursday, Feb. 18.
• Top vote getters in each category will be announced on the House Organ site,
and will also be featured in the March 2010 issue, which will be posted online
Friday, March 5.
• Those who missed the deadline for entry for this pet contest should look for
the call for entries in the September 2010 issue of House Organ.