Summer 2014 - Research Opportunity
- Conduct research during summer of 2014 (June 2nd - August 8th) under direction of a Vanderbilt scientist (stipend provided)
- Attend and present research poster at the National Summer Research Symposium (August 6th -7th)
- Laboratory-based, clinical or translational research in kidney disease or hypertension (no research experience required)
- Career advice, clinical and research seminars and discussions
- The Division of Nephrology and Hypertension at Vanderbilt conducts a broad range of NIH-funded, cutting edge basic science and human and patient-oriented research.
- Ranked in the top 10 Nephrology Divisions (2011 US News and World Report) and in an elite group of top NIH-funded Nephrology Divisions.
- Our goal is to acquire new knowledge that will advance our understanding of kidney biology and the pathogenesis and treatment of renal disease and hypertension.
- Over 60 clinical and research faculty, 19 NIH-funded laboratories with over 25,000 sq. ft. of office and research space, and more than $15.9 million in annual external research funding.
- Human and patient-oriented research conducted at the Clinical Research and Nephrology Clinical Trials Centers.
- Close ties between the Division of Nephrology and world renowned
research in the Division of Clinical Pharmacology and the Centers for
Matrix Biology, Division of Nephrology & Hypertension, Developmental Biology and Stem Cell Biology.