Panel Discussion: Non-Federal Funding,Tuesday, May 3, 2 p.m.
Fellowships and grants from research foundations, professional societies, and industry can help diversify your funding portfolio, but they differ in many ways from those offered by the government.
This discussion, co-sponsored by VUMC Faculty Affairs, Biomedical Development and the Center for Science Communication, will address such issues as:
• How non-federal funding can help advance your career and how it's considered in tenure and promotion
• Why relationships with foundations are important and how to develop them
• How to tailor a proposal to a funding source's priorities
• Strategies to maximize your funding opportunities
• Maureen Gannon, Ph.D., associate professor of Medicine
• Heidi Hamm, Ph.D., chair of Pharmacology
• William Pao, M.D., Ph.D., associate professor of Medicine
• Eric Skaar, Ph.D., MPH, associate professor of Microbiology and Immunology
Please register so that the organizers can give priority to faculty.