A Message from Traci Nordberg, Chief Human Resources Officer and Associate Vice ChancellorDear Colleagues,
Benefits Open Enrollment is October 1-14. Open Enrollment is your opportunity to take charge of your benefits and elect the coverage that fits your needs for 2012. Enrollment is active this year and all faculty and staff need to enroll, even if you're keeping your same benefits. The benefit elections you make during Open Enrollment continue through the plan year (beginning January 1, 2012), and cannot be changed unless you experience a qualifying life event.
How can you decide which benefits are right for you and your family? Start by exploring the resources on the Open Enrollment website:
o Offers an overview of this year’s open enrollment, including what’s new
o Interactive: flip pages, watch video, listen to audio and rollover pictures
o Provides direct links to other helpful tools and resources
• Detailed Guide
o See tables with payroll deduction amounts for the health, dental and vision plans
o Read charts with health plan copays, deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums
o PDF: Read online or print
• Event Calendar
o See dates and times for Information Sessions and Open Enrollment Labs
• Narrated Powerpoint
o Listen to a 12-minute presentation about Open Enrollment
• "Ask Jane" FAQ
o Jane Bruce answers commonly asked questions
o Submit your own question
• Benefit Resources and Contact Information
o Phone numbers and website addresses for insurance providers
• How to Enroll
o Step-by-step guide to the online enrollment process
o Includes budgeting tools (Plan Cost Estimator and Budget Worksheet)
If you have additional questions or need more support, remember that HR is always here to help. Contact the Employee Service Center at 343-7000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chief Human Resources Officer and Associate Vice Chancellor
Remember: All faculty and staff need to enroll!
If you don’t enroll, you will have the following default benefits for 2012:
• Medical Plan – Aetna Standard, employee-only (even if you currently waive Medical Plan coverage)
• Dental Plan – no coverage
• Vision Plan – no coverage
• Accidental Death & Dismemberment – no coverage
• Flexible Spending Accounts – no spending accounts
• Note: Your current Short-term Disability election will not change
More Open Enrollment resources
• Information Sessions. Ask questions and watch vendor presentations.
• Open Enrollment Labs. Need help enrolling? HR will have computers and staff to assist you.