Annual compliance requirements and assignment dates outlined
Based on staff recommendation, Vanderbilt University and Medical Center staff compliance assignments have been streamlined to consistently align assignment dates.
Below are the assignment dates for 2012; all assignments will be made in the Learning Exchange.
2012 Annual Compliance Requirements and Assignment Dates
Assignment Date: 1/2/12 Completion Date: 4/30/12
2012 Standards of Conduct
2012 Privacy and Information Security (HIPAA)
2012 HR Policies
2012 Annual Nursing Competency Requirements and Assignment Date
Assignment Date 1/2/12 Completion Date 12/31/12
2012 Nursing Licensed and Non-Licensed Requirements (VUH, VCH, VPH, VMG)
2011 Annual Compliance Reminders
The completion period for the requirements listed below has closed
2010-2011 Standards of Conduct
2010-2011 Privacy and Information Security (HIPAA)
2010-2011 HR Policies
The completion period for the requirements listed below closes Dec. 31
2011 Nursing Licensed and Non-Licensed Requirements (VUH, VCH, VPH, VMG)
1. How do staff hired after Jan. 1, 2012, complete annual compliance requirements?
Staff hired after Jan. 1, 2012 meet the requirement for Standards of Conduct and Privacy Information Security (HIPAA) by attending “It’s Who We Are” orientation. When completing performance evaluations for new hires in VPES, staff must uncheck the “get status from LMS”
default checkmark on the evaluation and manually enter the It’s Who We Are completion date in the date field. HR policies are briefly highlighted during “You Make a Difference” Orientation. During orientation,
new staff sign an acknowledgement statement that they understand it is their personal responsibility to review the policies in detail on the HR website. When completing performance evaluations for new hires in VPES, staff must uncheck the “get status from LMS” default checkmark on the evaluation and manually enter the policy review completion date in the date field.
2. Where is “Conflict of Interest” located?
All staff must complete an annual survey in the Conflict Disclosure System:
All staff must certify the following in the Conflict Disclosure System:
- Abide by the conflict of interest and commitment policies and standards;
- Fully disclose any professional and relevant personal activities, at least annually, or when a potential conflict arises;
- Remedy conflict situations or comply with any management or monitoring plan prescribed;
- Remain aware of the potential for conflicts;
- Take the initiative to manage, disclose, or resolve conflict situations as appropriate
3. Where are the annual compliance requirements located for staff hired before Jan. 1, 2012? (HR Policies, Standards of Conduct, HIPAA and Nursing Competencies)
All staff hired before Jan. 1, 2012 will find the individual annual compliance requirements in the Learning Exchange under “My Current Learning.”
All nursing staff hired before Jan. 1, 2012 will find nursing competency requirements in the Learning Exchange under “My Prescribed Learning Plan.”
4. Where are “Universal Safety” and other safety training assignments located?
The Universal Safety Course and other safety training required for VUMC staff are assigned in VandySafe at www.vandysafe.com. Additional information about training assigned to VUMC staff in VandySafe is available at http://www.safety.vanderbilt.edu/training/vumc_training_staff.htm.
5. Where are the annual compliance requirements located for School of Medicine faculty?
School of Medicine faculty must complete all of their annual compliance training using the FOTO system located at https://medapps.mc.vanderbilt.edu/foto. Faculty will not receive assignments in the Learning Exchange.