Vanderbilt Weight Workshop free orientation session Jan. 30
Vanderbilt Weight Workshop programs are about to begin, with free orientation sessions Monday, Jan. 30, at noon and 5:30 p.m. The actual classes begin the following evening, and Tuesdays afterward, from 5:30 to 7 p.m.
The Vanderbilt Dayani Center for Health and Wellness, in conjunction with Vanderbilt’s Health Plus Faculty and Staff Wellness Program, offers a holistic approach for adults to promote healthy nutrition, motivation, physical activity, empowerment and well-being.
Discounts and partial reimbursements offered to Vanderbilt employees reflect a savings of almost 50 percent off the full price of the workshop, and payroll deduction over 12 months is available to Vanderbilt employees.
The program emphasizes:
- Group support and accountability
- Making ourselves and our health a priority
- Becoming and staying motivated for healthy changes
- Healthier eating on the go
- Reasons we eat when we’re not even hungry
- Tailoring your meal plan for weight loss
- Fitting healthy activity into our busy lives
- Shared experiences, laughter and fun
The program includes:
- Weekly interactive class sessions
- Individualized workout program with a personal trainer
- Five-month use of the Dayani Center’s exercise facility, walking track and indoor pool
- Access to exercise classes, such as yoga, tai chi, Zumba, body sculpt, dance, Pilates, group cycling and water aerobics
- Colin Armstrong, Ph.D., clinical health psychologist and certified health and wellness coach
- Angel Bachuss, M.S., certified personal trainer
- Jennifer Moore, R.D., MPH, LDN, registered dietitian
Program Fee: $695 — $495 for Vanderbilt employees and their immediate family members.
In addition to the $200 discount, full-time Vanderbilt employees who complete the program may qualify for reimbursement of up to $142.50 of their fee, courtesy of Health Plus.
Payroll deduction over up to 12 months ($41.25 per month) is available to Vanderbilt employees.