University-wide limited submission opportunity for Edward Mallinckrodt Jr. Foundation's Scholar Award
Vanderbilt is one of 10 institutions invited to nominate a single candidate for the Edward Mallinckrodt, Jr. Foundation’s Scholar Award.
The program provides four years of support at $100,000 per year for a tenure-track faculty member holding an M.D. and/or Ph.D.
The funds are designed to provide start-up support for a researcher doing basic or clinical research that has the potential to advance the understanding, diagnosis or treatment of disease. Four finalists will be selected to travel to St. Louis in June for an interview with the trustees.
One scholar award is granted each year. The full application is due on March 1 and additional program details can be found here: http://vanderbilt.edu/oor/manage/files/Mallinckrodt.pdf.
Eligible faculty should submit an internal proposal by email to Janey Wang at Janey.email@example.com no later than 5 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 30. Proposals must include the following components compiled into a single PDF:
• Letter of recommendation from your department chair or center/institute director
• CV or biosketch – two pages maximum including publications
• A one-page maximum scientific description of the project (not including references or figures)
• A two-page maximum summary of your research suitable for a non-expert reviewer
• A list of current and pending awards.
Questions regarding this opportunity may be addressed to Ashley Brady, associate director, Foundation Relations, at 343-4217 or firstname.lastname@example.org.