Social Security, Medicare focus of retirement sessions
To help employees plan for their transition to retirement, Human Resources will sponsor two free retirement sessions in March.
The sessions are designed for employees age 62 and older, but everyone is welcome to attend, regardless of age or participation in a retirement plan. Experts on Social Security and Medicare will discuss eligibility, enrollment and benefits. Bring your questions. There will be plenty of time for Q&A at the end of each session.
Fidelity will provide free lunches from the Copper Kettle for the first 100 registered participants. Please note that you need to register by the specified date to guarantee a lunch.
Session details are listed below.
March 14, noon-1 p.m.
"Social Security Benefits in Retirement"
• Retirement benefits
• Survivor benefits
Student Life Center, Ballroom A
Register online by March 12 to guarantee a lunch.
March 28, noon-1 p.m.
"Medicare and Retirement"
• Original Medicare and Medicare Advantage: Eligibility, enrollment, coverage and billing
• Medicare and Prescription Drug Costs: Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage (Part D), Extra Help (LIS), other sources of help
• Medicare Supplement or Medigap Insurance: Standardized plans, enrollment deadlines, rights and protections
• Medicare & Other Insurance: Employee plans, VA, TRICARE for Life
• Medicare & TennCare/Medicaid
• Long-term Care Insurance
Student Life Center, Board of Trust Room
Register online by March 26 to guarantee a lunch.
If you have questions, please contact the Employee Service Center at 343-7000 or email@example.com.