"BioVU: Where We are Going and How You Can Get There, Too," to be Friday, March 30
BioVU is hosting a mini-symposium to educate the Vanderbilt research community about the BioVU resource and provide tips on how best to use and access it.
The event is titled, "BioVU: Where We are Going and How You Can Get There, Too," and will be held Friday, March 30, in 208 Light Hall from 3-5 p.m.
Topics and speakers include:
- Introduction – Dan Roden, Ph.D.
- Excavating clinical phenotypes to accelerate genomic discovery – Josh Denny, M.D.
- Limited and large scale genotyping in BioVU – Jonathan Haines, Ph.D.
- A BioVU project (1): Genetic contributors to pain responses – Steve Bruehl, Ph.D.
- A BioVU project (2): Studies of traits with racial disparities – Todd Edwards, Ph.D.
- How to access BioVU samples and data – Erica Bowton