Children with Down syndrome needed for communication intervention project
Children in this study will receive six months of individualized communication intervention provided by an experienced KidTalk interventionist, and parents will be trained in intervention strategies.
We are looking for children who:
• Have a diagnosis of Down syndrome
• Are between the ages of 18 and 48 months when starting the study
• Have the ability to imitate actions using their body
• Have between one and 20 productive words or signs
• Live within 30 miles of the Vanderbilt Kennedy Center.
If you participate, you and your child will:
• Complete assessments
• Be observed at Vanderbilt Kennedy Center and at home before intervention begins
• Participate in 48-60 intervention sessions, once per week at the Vanderbilt Kennedy Center and once per week at your home
• Come for periodic follow-ups for up to 12 months after the intervention ends
For more information, email Kelly.Windsor@vanderbilt.edu or call 322-8160.