Vanderbilt Weight Workshop to hold orientation, Tues, Jan. 22
The Vanderbilt Dayani Center for Health and Wellness, in conjunction with Vanderbilt’s Health Plus Faculty and Staff Wellness Program, offers a holistic approach to promoting healthy nutrition, motivation, physical activity, empowerment and well-being.
Discounts and partial reimbursements offered to Vanderbilt employees reflect a savings of almost 50 percent off the full price of the workshop and payroll deduction over 12 months is available to Vanderbilt employees.
The next workshop will be a Tuesday noon program scheduled to start in January. Free orientation sessions will be held at the Dayani Center at noon on Tuesday, Jan. 22 from noon to 1 p.m.
The program includes:
• Free orientation sessions with no obligation to enroll
• Weekly interactive class sessions
• Individualized workout program with a personal trainer
• Five-month use of the Dayani Center’s exercise facility, walking track and indoor pool
• Access to group exercise classes, such as yoga, tai chi, Zumba, body sculpt, dance, Pilates, group cycling and water aerobics
Colin Armstrong, Ph.D. – Health Psychologist and Certified Health and Wellness Coach
Angel Bachuss, M.S. – Exercise Physiologist and Personal Trainer
Jennifer Moore, R.D., L.D.N., M.P.H. – Registered Dietitian
Program Fee: $545 for Vanderbilt employees and adult members of their immediate family; $695 for others.
In addition to the $150 discount, full-time Vanderbilt employees who complete the program may qualify for reimbursement of up to $142.50 of their fee, courtesy of Health Plus.
Payroll deduction over up to 12 months (approximately $45 per month) is available to Vanderbilt employees.
Click here for more information.