Saturday Academy at Vanderbilt for the Young to begin in February
The Saturday Academy at Vanderbilt for the Young (SAVY) provides a dynamic, fast-paced curriculum experience to qualifying gifted children in grades K-6. Vanderbilt faculty and master teachers trained in gifted education implement an accelerated, research-based curriculum for all SAVY courses.
SAVY At A Glance:
- Who? Gifted students in grades K-6 who typically test at the 95th percentile and above on either verbal or nonverbal sections of academic achievement or ability tests.
- What? Small classes designed for the exceptionally talented and motivated learner. Some of our current course offerings include Picture Book Extravaganza, World Religions, Animal Behavior, Algebra, and Computer Programming. Students choose one course for the entire six-week program. Class size is limited to approximately 12 students for grades K-2 classes and approximately 15 students for grades 3-6.
- When? SAVY courses are held from 9 to 11:45 a.m. on the six consecutive Saturdays from Feb. 9 through March 16, 2013.
- Where? SAVY classes are held at the Wyatt Center on the Peabody campus of Vanderbilt University.
- Questions? Visit our website: pty.vanderbilt.edu or call 322-8261.