Medical Center-only Limited Submission Opportunity: 2013 Lilly Innovation Fellowship Award from Eli Lilly and Company
Vanderbilt University may nominate two candidates for the 2013 “Lilly Innovation Fellowship Award” (LIFA) – a competitive post-doctoral fellowship award and training partnership program. This award program is designed to foster post-doctoral career development through the recognition of highly innovative post-doctoral research proposals by providing the recipient with up to four years of salary, benefits, limited travel support, and a unique training experience while participating in the program.
To qualify for consideration for the program, applicants must:
• Have a doctoral degree (Ph.D., M.D. or equivalent) that is awarded by July 1, 2013, and no more than six years prior to September 1, 2013
• Must obtain the commitment of an academic mentor who will serve as their post-doctoral sponsor and will support them in the application process
• The post-doctoral position must not be contingent upon LIFA funding
Anyone interested in being considered as one of Vanderbilt’s nominees must submit the following (in PDF format) to LSO@vanderbilt.edu by 5 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 28, 2013:
1. Brief (two-page maximum) research plan related to Lilly’s Grand Challenges;
2. Brief statement of support from academic mentor
3. A brief CV or NIH Biosketch
Submissions should reference the program name in the subject line of the email.
Once received, all proposals will be forwarded to an internal review committee that will choose the final nominees. The Office of the Dean at School of Medicine will submit full proposals of the selected nominees to Lilly by the March 15, 2013 deadline.
If you have any questions about the award opportunity or its interests and priorities, please contact Susan Meyn (email@example.com), Director for Research Resources and Planning, at 322-0470.