Study volunteers age 12 to 17 needed
A team of Vanderbilt researchers are doing a study that seeks to understand how we spend our time each day. We will test out a survey to measure where, why and how much we sit each day.
This survey will help researchers find ways to decrease sitting time and help them to get a better idea of how sitting may affect health.
You may qualify for the study if you are:
- Age 12 to 17 years
- Able to walk without major joint or muscle problems
- Able to take part in school physical education classes
- Able to read, write and speak in English
- Available by phone during the study period
Study participants must be willing to:
- Participate in five study visits over a four-month period
- Wear two small monitors that measure steps and movement
- Answer survey questions
- Complete six phone interviews about what you did the day before
By finishing the study, you will receive a total of $100 for your time and effort. For more information please contact Susan Byerly at 936-0364 or firstname.lastname@example.org.