Southeastern Conference Visiting Faculty Travel Grant Program seeks applications
The Southeastern Conference (SEC) Visiting Faculty Travel Grant Program is intended to enhance faculty collaboration between SEC member universities. It gives faculty from one SEC institution the opportunity to travel to another SEC campus to exchange ideas, develop grant proposals and conduct research.
This is a limited submission opportunity. Vanderbilt may select a maximum of four faculty members to receive grants of $2,500 each to use for travel to another SEC campus (SEC member universities listed below). Interested faculty members should contact the host institution they wish to visit to determine their receptivity and availability. Travel must be completed by July 31, 2014.
The selected faculty members will be responsible for arranging coverage of their duties during their absence and for submitting a post-travel report to the Provost’s Office describing the outcomes of the visit.
To be considered for one of the SEC travel grants, please submit the following information electronically in a single PDF file by Oct. 7 to Dawn Turton (email@example.com).
- Faculty member’s biography (no more than 250 words)
- Host institution information, including contact person at the host institution
- A letter /email of invitation from the host institution specifying the dates and expectations of the visiting faculty member
- A description of the proposed activities and the anticipated benefits of the visit
- Proposed visit dates
- Brief statement/email of support from VU faculty member’s department chair/center director
Southeastern Conference member universities are:
- University of Alabama – Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- University of Arkansas – Fayetteville, Arkansas
- Auburn University – Auburn, Alabama
- University of Florida – Gainesville, Florida
- University of Georgia – Athens, Georgia
- University of Kentucky – Lexington, Kentucky
- Louisiana State University – Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- University of Mississippi (Ole Miss) – Oxford, Mississippi
- Mississippi State University – Starkville, Mississippi
- University of Missouri – Columbia, Missouri
- University of South Carolina – Columbia, South Carolina
- University of Tennessee – Knoxville, Tennessee
- Texas A&M University – College Station, Texas
- Vanderbilt University – Nashville, Tennessee