Train with Gilda's Gang Nashville to walk or run the Country Music Half Marathon
Train with Gilda’s Gang Nashville to Walk or Run the Country Music Half Marathon on April 26, 2014.
Gilda’s Gang 2014 is a half marathon training program sponsored by Vanderbilt University Medical Center and is a fundraiser for Gilda’s Club Nashville.
Inspired by Dr. Gail Addlestone, Gilda’s Gang is a great way to get fit and give back to the men, women and children in our community who are living with cancer.
The 15-week program begins on Saturday, Jan. 11, 2014, at 9 a.m. and will kick off with a health fair and open house at Gilda’s Club. Interested and registered participants can speak with coaches and hear more about the training program, as well as local experts on training footwear and apparel, stretching for injury prevention and nutrition tips on workout diet.
The program includes:
• Free access to Vanderbilt Dayani Center beginning Jan. 1
• Fitness specialists to lead group run/walks on Saturday at 8 a.m.
• Personalized program (run, walk, run/walk) with weekly workout schedule
• Team discount code for half marathon registration fee
• Personalized online fundraising page
• Official team technical shirt
• Post-race team awards celebration
Each team member is asked to raise a minimum of $750 to support the free programs at Gilda’s Club. For more information, please contact Deb at 329-1124.
Come to one of the no-obligation informational sessions:
Wednesday, Dec. 4, noon-1 p.m., Vanderbilt Dayani Center
Wednesday, Dec. 4, 5-6 p.m., Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at
Vanderbilt, Room 2104
Thursday, Dec. 5, noon-1 p.m., 419C Light Hall
Wednesday, Dec. 11, 5-6 p.m., Health Plus above Kensington Garage