Deadline extended for VUMC Academic Enterprise Faculty Awards
Nominations are being sought for the following 2014 VUMC Academic Enterprise Faculty Awards. The deadline has been extended until March 12.
• The Vanderbilt University School of Medicine Awards in Teaching
• The Vanderbilt University Medical Center Awards in Research for School of Medicine and School of Nursing Faculty
Award recipients are nominated by their faculty colleagues and chosen by the 2014 VUMC Academic Enterprise Faculty Awards Selection Committees.
VUMC Research Award nominations must be submitted as a single pdf to the Vice Chancellor for Health Affairs Office, in care of Danielle Certa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VUSM Teaching Award nominations must be submitted as a single pdf to the School of Medicine's Office of Faculty Affairs, in care of Auda Hutto at email@example.com.
Nomination packages must include:
• A letter of nomination (typically from department chair or center director, but may be submitted by other colleagues as well)
• Three supporting letters from colleagues
• For the School of Medicine Teaching Awards, additional supporting letters from fellows, residents and students (letters from individuals previously trained by the nominee are not required, but are strongly encouraged)
• A current CV
The categories of recognition are cycled by even and odd years. This year, the categories of recognition are:
VUMC Research Awards (4)
• Stanley Cohen Research Award – For Research Bridging Diverse Disciplines, such as Chemistry or Physics, to Solve Biology’s Most Important Questions
• John H. Exton Research Award – For Research Leading to Innovative Biological Concepts
• Grant W. Liddle Research Award – For Outstanding Contributions in Clinical Research
• Charles R. Park Research Award – For Basic Research Revealing Insights into Physiology and Pathophysiology
School of Medicine Teaching Awards (4)
• Robert D. Collins Teaching Award - For Teaching Medical or Graduate Students or Practicing Physicians in the Lecture Setting
• Elaine Sanders-Bush Teaching Award - For Mentoring Graduate and/or Medical Students in the Research Setting
• Jacek Hawiger Teaching Award - For Teaching Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Fellows in the Classroom, Lecture, or Small Group Setting
• R. Michael Rodriguez Teaching Award - For Teaching Medical Students, Residents, and/or Fellows in the Clinical Setting
The deadline for nominations is March 12.