Heart Walk is Saturday; some roads closed around campus that morning
The 2014 Greater Nashville Heart Walk will take place on Vanderbilt’s campus on Saturday, Oct. 4.
The event gets under way with activities beginning at 8 a.m., at the Vanderbilt University campus sports field at the corner of Natchez Trace and Blakemore Avenue. The 5K walk begins at 10 a.m.
Parking is available for participants in the Shuttle Lot off Natchez Trace, Lot N.
Everyone who registers with a Vanderbilt team gets a Team Vanderbilt T-shirt. Those who raise $100 for the American Heart Association also receive an additional AHA Heart Walk T-shirt.
There will be several partial, rolling street closings starting on the morning of Oct. 4 from 7 a.m. to Noon. They are:
- Natchez Trace from Children’s Way to West End
- West End from Natchez Trace to 25th Ave.—one lane closure, street will be open to traffic
- 25th Ave. from West End to Vanderbilt Place
- Vanderbilt Place from 25th to 24th
- 24th from Vanderbilt Place to West End
- West End from 24thto 21st—one lane closure, street will be open to traffic
- 21st Ave. from West End to Children’s Way—one lane closure, street will be open to traffic
- Children’s Way from 21st Ave. to Natchez Trace
- Children’s Way will be closed from Natchez Trace to 25th Ave., 7 a.m.—1 p.m. (approx.)
- Natchez Trace will be closed from Children’s Way to Jess Neely, 8:45 a.m.—11:15 a.m. (approx.)
Any point in the route will take approx. 30-45 minutes to clear.