Volunteers needed for research study on diabetes drug and blood pressure
This research study will evaluate if a drug given for diabetes affects blood pressure in people taking certain blood pressure medications. You may qualify if you:
- Are between 18 and 60 years old and
- Have a new diagnosis of type 2 diabetes (less than three months on medications or taking only metformin) and,
- Have high blood pressure
The study involves:
- Two screening visits
- Taking blood pressure medication or placebo for 12 weeks
- Taking three different study drugs for three periods of one week
- Spending three study mornings in the Clinical Research Center over six weeks
- Eating a special diet for six days before each study day
- 24-hour urine collection before each study day
Participants will be compensated for their time.
For information please contact:
Claudia Ramirez, M.D.