Grocery card links provide opportunities to give
Several Vanderbilt entities, including LifeFlight, the Employee Hardship Fund and the school at Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt have linked to grocery discount card programs that allow users of those cards to direct the grocery chains to make contributions to the selected Vanderbilt programs.
Kroger's community rewards program is linked to both LifeFlight and to the Employee Hardship Fund. To use the Kroger Community Rewards Program:
• Register online at krogercommunityrewards.com
• Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy and register your card with your organization after you sign up.
• If a you do not yet have a Kroger Plus card, they are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger.
• Click on Sign In/Register
• If you are a new online customer, click on SIGN UP TODAY in the ‘New Customer?’ box.
• Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your email address, creating a password and agreeing to the terms and conditions
• You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
• Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
• Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
• Update or confirm your information.
• Enter NPO number or name of organization, select organization from list and click on confirm. Vanderbilt LifeFlight’s number is 46826. Information about signing up for the Employee Hardship Fund is here.
• To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see your organization’s name on the right side of your information page.
Purchases using Harris Teeter's VIC card can similarly be linked to benefit the school at Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt. To do so, go to http://www.harristeeter.com/community/together_in_education/link_to_your_school.aspx and follow the instructions.
Once your VIC card is linked, from now through May 31, every time you use it when purchasing select Harris Teeter brand products or filling a prescription in their pharmacy, Harris Teeter will contribute a percentage of those purchase dollars to the school at Children’s Hospital.