Team Vanderbilt kickoff events is today on VUH Plaza
Team Vanderbilt, which combines information on the many Vanderbilt-sponsored walks and runs held throughout the year, will have a kickoff event on the Medical Center plaza from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 27.
Organizations at the event will include:
- Susan G. Komen-Race for The Cure
- Lungevity Foundation-Breathe Deep Stashe & Lash 5K
- American Heart Association-2015 Heart Walk
- Melanoma Research-Music City Miles for Melanoma
- CureSearch-Curesearch Walk
- Leukemia Lymphoma Foundation-Light the Night Walk
- Hydrocephalus Foundation-Hydrocephalus Walk
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- American Diabetes Association
Those who sign up to participate in a walk at the kickoff events will receive a new Vanderbilt T-shirt, and attendees can pick up a free Vanderbilt tote bag.