Vanderbilt University Medical Center year-end self-evaluations, compliance deadline is tomorrow
For Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) staff, fiscal 2016 year-end evaluations are under way. Once again, VUMC staff will use Performance Central to document their year-end review for fiscal 2016. Staff will self-rate their performance and enter comments for each goal and element of performance and an overall rating for Credo.
The School of Medicine will communicate directly with leaders and staff on timeline and instructions for their year-end evaluations.
All staff members hired by April 1 will have a year-end evaluation form available in Performance Central on June 1. All staff members and managers have until June 15 to submit their self-evaluation and complete assigned compliance courses. If your end of orientation evaluation falls between April 1 and June 15, you and your manager will complete the year-end process. For a complete timeline of the fiscal year 2016 performance review process visit the Performance Central website.
• This year, we will use a limited number of system notifications to alert you when the performance review process begins, when a document is routed to an inbox and when a step is due to be completed. These emails will come from PerformanceExcellence@vanderbilt.edu.
• Another new feature is managers will be able to reroute the performance review form back to the staff member after a staff member has submitted it, if more information or clarification is needed. This enhancement was a direct result of feedback from staff and managers who wanted another opportunity to review the form. However, any information filled out by the manager will be viewable by the staff member once sent back.
Training available May 31
We will offer a variety of training resources to both managers and staff on how to write an effective year-end review, use the form in Performance Central, and tips on effective year-end conversations. The training will include webinars, quick eLearning resources and job aids.
• June 1: Performance Central opens
• June 15: Completion deadline for staff members’ self-evaluations
• June 15: Annual compliance period ends
• July 15: Leader goals cascaded to them
• Aug. 12: Deadline for employee to sign annual evaluation
• Aug. 31: Annual evaluations completed and signed by manager
• Aug. 31: FY17 goals finalized with manager