CME credits available at Reunion 2016 Plenary Sessions
Plenery Sessions upcoming this weekend during Vanderbilt University School of Medicine's Reunion 2016 are open to all and provide CME credit.
Friday, Oct. 21
Plenary Session I • 2.5 CME Credit*
8 a.m.–11:15 a.m. • Langford Auditorium; 1301 Medical Center Dr.
· The President’s Welcome
William J. Anderson, M.D. (VU ’65; VUSM ’69), President, Vanderbilt Medical Alumni Association
· Update: Vanderbilt University School of Medicine and VUMC
Jeffrey Balser, M.D., Ph.D., President and CEO, Vanderbilt University Medical Center; Dean, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
· Keynote Address honoring Levi Watkins, Jr., M.D. (VUSM ’70) - 2016 VMAA Distinguished Alumnus
presented by Levi Garraway , M.D., Ph.D.
Director, Joint Center for Cancer Precision Medicine; Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Broad Institute; Associate Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School; Institute Member, Broad Institute Topic: “Principles of Cancer Precision Medicine”
· Keynote Address presented by Kathleen Neuzil, M.D., M.P.H., FIDSA - 2016 VMAA Distinguished Alumna
Kathleen Neuzil (HS ’87-’91, FE ’91-’94, M.P.H ’98)
Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics; Director, Center for Vaccine Development; Deputy Director, Institute for Global Health – University of Maryland School of Medicine. Topic: “Vaccine Research: A Powerful Tool to Achieve Health Equity”.
· Update: Vanderbilt Medical Alumni Affairs
Ann H. Price, M.D. (VU '71, VUSM '78, HS '79-'81)
Associate Dean for Alumni Affairs, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
Saturday, Oct. 22
Plenary Session II – Student Initiative • CME Credit
9–11 a.m. • 208 Light Hall
The Next Generation: Research/Clinical Care/Education
Moderator: Joey Barnett, PhD, Vice Chair, Professor of Pharmacology, Medicine, Pediatrics, and Pathology, Microbiology & Immunology, Director of the Office of Medical Student Research, Assistant Dean of Physician-Researcher Training, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
• Tommy An, VMS IV, (Class of 2017) Similar clinical severity and outcomes for Methicillin resistant StaphylococcusAureus (MRSA) and Methicillin susceptible Staphylococcus Aureus (MSSA) pediatric musculoskeletal infection
• Vivek Patel, VMS IV, (Class of 2017) Left ventricular function across the spectrum of body mass index in African-Americans: the Jackson Heart Study
• Frances Wright, VMS IV, (Class of 2017) Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor-1 : A determining factor for Parietal Epithelial Cell/podocyte crosstalk in podocyte injury?
• James Carlucci, M.D., (VUSM '09, M.P.H., Class of 2017) Tuberculosis treatment outcomes for HIV/ TB co- infected children in resources-limited countries
• Alaina Davis, M.D. (VU '04, VUSM ’08, M.P.H., Class of 2017) Depression and medication non-adherence in childhood-onset Systemic Lupus Erythematous