W-2 forms mailed; also available on C2HR
[This article provided by VUMC Human Resources.]
W-2 forms have been mailed to current employees and former employees who earned money from Vanderbilt University Medical Center during the 2016 calendar year. This form contains important information about your income, taxes withheld from your paychecks and some benefits that you will need to complete your 2016 income tax returns. Your form was sent to your current mailing address in C2HR (typically your home address). You also may access your W-2 by logging into C2HR.
Remember that you will receive one “Vanderbilt” W-2 form for 2016 as long as you remained a Vanderbilt University Medical Center employee following the legal separation and never left Vanderbilt University Medical Center in 2016. There are some circumstances where employees, who changed employment during 2016, will receive 2 W-2s.
Our team has developed a series of ways to assist you in better understanding your W-2.
- A job aid on “How to Read Your W-2 Tax Form” accessible from the HR homepage.
- A W-2 calculator on the HR website to assist you in verifying taxable wages for 2016.
- In early February, you will receive two separate 1095-C forms, one from Vanderbilt University and one from Vanderbilt University Medical Center. The Form 1095-C reports important health insurance information you’ll need when completing your tax return. You will receive separate communications about this form.
Join Human Resources for a 30-minute information session about how to read your W-2. There will also be time to answer questions. To enroll, go to the Learning Exchange, log in with your VUnetID and ePassword, and then search for “W2” in the Find a Course search box. You can also click here to go directly to the course.
Session dates and times are:
- Feb. 1, from 3-5 p.m., in Medical Center North, Room D-4220. The 30-minute sessions run from 3-3:30 p.m., 3:30-4 p.m., 4-4:30 p.m. and 4:30-5 p.m.
- Feb. 2, from 1:30-3:30 p.m., at 2525 West End Ave., Room 502. The 30-minute sessions run from 1:30-2 p.m., 2-2:30 p.m., 2:30-3 p.m. and 3-3:30 p.m.
- Feb. 6, from 12 noon to 2 p.m., at 2525 West End Ave., Room 502. The 30-minute sessions run from 12-12:30 p.m., 12:30-1 p.m., 1-1:30 p.m. and 1:30-2 p.m.
- Feb. 7, from 10 a.m. to 12 noon, at Medical Center North, Room T-3323. The 30-minute sessions run from 10-10:30 a.m., 10:30-11 a.m., 11-11:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. to 12 noon.
If enough interest is expressed, there is a possibility we can add more sessions. Reach out to the Employee Service Center to let them know if you are interested in adding a session date and time.
Benefit information included
The Affordable Care Act requires Vanderbilt to report the value of its health care plan on your 2016 W-2 form. You can find this dollar amount in Box 12 under Code DD. It includes the portion you paid and the portion VUMC paid for your health coverage for 2016. The reporting is for informational purposes only, and you are not taxed on this benefit.
Per IRS requirements, 403(b) retirement plan amounts shown in Box 12 include only voluntary contributions to the plan and do not include mandatory contributions.
Replacement W-2 Forms
- Current and former employees with active VUnetIDs can print W-2 forms from C2HR. Log in with your VUnetID and password, then click on the link for “Taxes” in the right sidebar. The online W-2 has the same information as the mailed W-2.
- Employees without computer access may request a replacement W-2 from the Employee Service Center. To ensure confidentiality, HR does not fax W-2 forms. You can pick up the replacement in person at the 2525 West End Ave., 2nd Floor location by showing a photo ID or have the replacement mailed to the address printed on the W-2.
Contact the Employee Service Center.