Got questions about your W-2? Book a session today
[This article provided by VUMC Human Resources]
By now you should have already received your W-2 form in the mail or downloaded it from C2HR website. As a result, you may have some questions about this important tax form, which contains information about your income, taxes withheld from your paychecks and some benefits that you will need to complete your 2016 income tax returns. Human Resources has scheduled a series one-on-one sessions that you can enroll in to meet with one of team members to assist you with any questions you may have with your W-2.
Book a session today if you have specific questions you need answered. To enroll, go to the Learning Exchange, log in with your VUnetID and ePassword, and then search for “W2” in the Find a Course search box. You can also click here to go directly to the course.
Session dates and times are:
- Feb. 1, from 3-5 p.m. The 30-minute sessions run from 3-3:30 p.m., 3:30-4 p.m., 4-4:30 p.m. and 4:30-5 p.m.
- Feb. 2, from 1:30-3:30 p.m. The 30-minute sessions run from 1:30-2 p.m., 2-2:30 p.m., 2:30-3 p.m. and 3-3:30 p.m.
- Feb. 6, from 12 noon to 2 p.m. The 30-minute sessions run from noon-12:30 p.m., 12:30-1 p.m., 1-1:30 p.m. and 1:30-2 p.m.
- Feb. 7, from 10 a.m. to noon. The 30-minute sessions run from 10-10:30 a.m., 10:30-11 a.m., 11-11:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. to noon.
If enough interest is expressed, there is a possibility we can add more sessions. Reach out to the Employee Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org to let them know if you are interested in adding a session date and time.
More resources available
Our team has developed a series of ways to assist you in better understanding your W-2.
- A job aid on “How to Read Your W-2 Tax Form” accessible from the HR homepage.
- A W-2 calculator on the HR website to assist you in verifying taxable wages for 2016.
- In early February, you will receive two separate 1095-C forms, one from Vanderbilt University and one from Vanderbilt University Medical Center. The Form 1095-C reports important health insurance information you’ll need when completing your tax return. You will receive separate communications about this form.