Tips for attending today and tomorrow's Celebrate events
Those attending Vanderbilt University Medical Center’s (VUMC) one-hour programs next week to celebrate staff and faculty — Celebrate the Difference YOU Make Every Day! — will be entered for drawings to win concert tickets in addition to hearing inspiring messages from VUMC leadership, patients and colleagues.
Celebrate will be held in three sessions April 20-21 to acknowledge the many contributions of the Medical Center’s people:
- Thursday, April 20, at 4:30 p.m. with doors opening at 4 p.m. (some seating still available)
- Friday, April 21, at 7:30 a.m. with doors opening at 7 a.m. (some seating still available)
- Friday, April 21, at 11:30 a.m. with doors opening at 11 a.m. SOLD OUT
LOGISTICS AND PARKING
- If you work near Children's Hospital, the Psychiatric Hospital, Blakemore Offices or Medical Center North, hop on the "Celebrate Express," a special shuttle service to get you to the event at Memorial Gym. Pickups start an hour before each event and will run approximately every 5 minutes from the Children's Hospital shuttle pickup/drop off area on 23rd Avenue and the Medical Center North, Roundwing area. Return service is also provided after the event. Download a route map here.
- If you work at 3401 West End or Crystal Terrace, the "Celebrate Express" will pick up 30 minutes before each session. Pickup location is at the back of the building where the Purple Route picks up. Attendees can also choose to ride the Purple Route shuttle if they prefer.
- If you already park on campus: Park in your permitted parking area. (This includes if you park at 3401 West End, 2525 West End or Crystal Terrace.)
TIPS FOR ATTENDING
· Please arrive so that you can be seated at least 20 minutes before the session starts
· Remember to wear your VUMC ID badge so you can swipe in
· If you work on or near campus, consider taking one of the Celebrate Express shuttles. Visit VUMCcelebrate.com for more details.
· Use #VUMCcelebrate17 to share your experiences on social media
· Water and snacks will be available after the program