CERNER downtime to be this Saturday
A CERNER downtime, affecting some lab information systems, will take place from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, June 24.
During the Downtime
Cerner Lab Information System (LIS) for both Anatomic Pathology (AP) & Clinical Pathology (CP) will be down.
SCC (software vendor for Blood Bank) will NOT be down.
9:30 a.m. -1:30 p.m.
- HEO/WIZ (inpatient electronic order entry system) will be up and used for STAT orders.
- VOOM (outpatient -- clinic -- electronic order entry) will be up but must use downtime reqs and labels for both STAT and routine orders since it cannot process lab orders.
- All lab instruments will be operational but only STAT tests performed.
- All routine lab tests needed by 9:30 a.m. should be ordered, collected and sent to lab by 7:30 a.m., if possible.
- After 9:30 a.m., routine orders may be entered in HEO/WIZ but do not collect specimen until after StarPanel banner notice that the downtime is complete.
- No results crossing to STAR; STAT ED results will be sent via fax and all critical results to all locations and STAT results to inpatient units will be called.
- Point-of-care glucose, GEM, and hemoglobin A1C testing can occur during the downtime, but results will not post to Star Panel until the downtime is completed.
- Contact lab @ 5-LABS (875-5227) for lab order or test result questions during downtime.
Recovery from Downtime
- After the LIS upgrade is complete, lab results will cross into Star for all tests performed during the downtime. Due to the backlog of data, this process may take a few hours.
- Lab will begin recovery so that results completed during downtime will cross into Star, including Point of Care Testing (POCT) for GEMS (blood gas analyzer), glucose meters and A1c.
HEO/WIZ is the inpatient electronic order entry system and VOOM is the outpatient (clinic) electronic order entry system