VUMC Limited Submission Opportunity: 2018 Conservation, Food & Health Grants
VUMC may submit one application for The Conservation, Food & Health Foundation Grants. The foundation supports projects that demonstrate local leadership and promote professional development in the conservation, agricultural, and health sciences; develop the capacity of local organizations; and address a particular problem or question in the field. It prefers to support projects that address under-funded issues and geographic areas. Grants are made on a one-time basis for up to $30,000.
Types of Support
The foundation does not provide general operating support. It favors research, training and technical assistance projects that:
- employ and/or train personnel from developing countries
- are led by organizations with strong records of accomplishments in a particular field and have potential for replication
- focus on regional or cross-boundary issues and opportunities
- feature collaborative partnerships embedded in strong networks
- strengthen local leadership and scientific capacity
- influence public discourse and policy
- focus on prevention rather than remediation
- attract additional support and hold promise for continuation or impact beyond the period of foundation support
Internal Application Process:
Anyone interested in being considered as VUMC’s nominee must submit the following (in PDF format) to LSO@vanderbilt.edu by 5 p.m. on Oct. 10.
- Brief (2 page maximum) research plan including summary budget;
- Brief statement of support from department chair/center director;
- Brief CV or NIH Biosketch
All applicants should verify their eligibility in advance through the foundation website.
Any questions about this opportunity or the LSO process may be directed to LSO@vanderbilt.edu.