Brown Bag Medication Reviews available at PowerUP Health & Benefits Fair, Oct. 17 and 18
With a hectic schedule and the upcoming holiday season, it’s easy to forget to take care of yourself and complete all of the items on your health to-do list. Take time for yourself and your health by attending the upcoming PowerUP Health & Benefits Fair.
While at the fair, you can meet one-on-one with a Vanderbilt Health Affiliated Network pharmacist about your current medications by scheduling a Brown Bag Medication Review. Reviews will last about 15 minutes and will be conducted in a private setting.
If you are currently taking multiple medications and would like to meet with a pharmacist one-on-one about usage and drug interactions, please sign up for an appointment online.
- All prescription medicines (pills, inhalers, liquids and creams)
- All over-the-counter medicines (pills, inhalers, liquids and creams)
- All vitamins and herbal supplements taken on a regular basis
Unsure what to expect?
- Brown Bag Medication Reviews are a time to gather your prescription and over-the-counter medications and meet with a pharmacist one-on-one about them.
- The pharmacist will ask you simple questions about your specific medications, such as the length of time you have been taking each of them.
- The pharmacist will inform you of any possible interactions with other medications you may be taking, avoidable side effects, unnecessary use and more.
- You will receive suggested action steps once your consult concludes, and can request to be followed up with after the fair.
- Request your appointment now to get started on powering up your health!
Fair dates and times are:
- October 17, 1:30 – 4:30 p.m., Vanderbilt Health One Hundred Oaks, Entrance D
- October 18, 7:30 a.m. – 2 p.m., Light Hall, Robinson Research Building breezeway
For more information, visit www.vhan.com/powerupvumc