Converting historical patient data from StarPanel to eStar
The EpicLeap team has relied on industry best practices and the guidance of VUMC’s clinical and business leaders to determine which historical patient data will help support clinical decision making in the early months and years of using eStar. This data was converted from StarPanel and other current systems to eStar for reference during future patient care visits.
Much of the historical clinical data that is currently stored in StarPanel was converted to eStar if it was documented within the last 10 years. While 10 years was the general rule, some data times may be longer or shorter.
Decisions surrounding which historical patient data would be converted were driven by the following questions:
- What data is necessary to understand the patient’s history and make a clinical decision?
- What data can be converted successfully given the differences between current applications and eStar?
Examples of the types of data that were converted to eStar include:
- Active problems, medications and allergies
- These might need to be reconciled during the patient’s first visit following Go Live
- Four (4) years of VUMC-resulted labs
- Ten (10) years of vitals, documents, cardiology results, radiology results, outside record scans and results from non-VUMC agencies
- Family Health History
- Surgical history (as captured in VPIMS)
- Snapshots of smoking history, social history and medical history (as captured in VPIMS)
Historical patient information that was not carried over to eStar in the conversion process will still be available for viewing via the “StarPanel Viewer” button in eStar. This read-only version of StarPanel provides access to all historical patient data filed prior to eStar’s Go Live (Nov. 2).
For more information on accessing historical patient data from the StarPanel Viewer in eStar, watch this short demo.