Spring 2010 Safety Fair
The Spring Safety Fair is quickly approaching. It will be on Friday, Feb. 12, Monday, Feb.15, and Tuesday, Feb. 16 in the Learning Center Ballroom (Medical Center North) from 7 a.m.–6 p.m.
We are introducing a new format to Safety Fair Live. The Universal Training Stations will no longer be available at and are only available online. Please be sure to take note of what stations will be present at the Spring Safety Fair.
• Point-of–care testing
• Immunization and screening services along with TB skin testing
• Mock code/ STAT (sessions begin on the hour and half hour. Last session is at 5 p.m.)
• Restraint competency (sessions begin on the hour and half hour)
• N-95 respirator fit testing (limited hours: 7-10:30 a.m. and noon - 3 p.m. Sessions begin on the hour and half hour.)
The following stations will not be offered. These stations are only available online.
• Fire safety and emergency preparedness/hazard communication
• Personal safety, accident and injury prevention
• Ergonomics (back safety)
• Infection control/bloodborne pathogens/hand hygiene/tuberculosis precautions
Computers will be available at Safety Fair for you to complete your online requirements. Bring your ID badge to swipe when you finish a station. If you need to complete point-of-care testing, please read the study materials, complete the quiz, and bring it to Safety Fair along with a blank proficiency test. Please check your Occupational Health status at https://myhealthandwellness.vanderbilt.edu/ to determine what you may need.
For more detailed information, please visit the Learning Center’s Web site at http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/thelearningcenter.