Vanderbilt Travel Website Training Tuesday, March 30, 9 a.m.
All employees who travel and/or assist in making travel arrangements for others should attend.
Sign up for the last training session of the school year: Tuesday, March 30, 9 a.m., in Light Hall room 411A. Learn to use the new Travel Portal effectively; how to book trips on-line efficiently and cost effectively; when to use a travel agency and maximize their effort; how to protect yourself from errors, second-guessing and unexpected fees or charges. Valuable for both business and vacation travel.
Instructor: Sheri DiGiovanna, manager Strategic Projects. Sign up at:
These are just some of the points we’ll cover:
Top 10 Things Your Travel Agency Knows...That you Don’t
1. Airline Discounts and Double Frequent Flyer Points
2. Double frequent flyer on Southwest
3. When to use an agency; when to bypass
4. Waived cancellation and change fees on Air Tran
5. Getting the best price, understanding the price you’re getting
6. Why the playing field isn’t level
7. Beating the Internet on international flights
8. New Orleans for $25 per night
9. Five tips when negotiating for a group
10. Travel Organizer: All of the responsibility, none of the control
Faculty, staff, students can save money on travel at: http://www.campustravel.com/university/vanderbilt/
Visitors save money on travel at: http://www.campustravel.com/vanderbiltvisitors/