New, Easier to Use Biomedical Library Website Available
The Eskind Biomedical Library has completely redeveloped its website and digital library. We hope that the new site will make it easier for you to access the library’s services and resources, and have incorporated new tools and features to improve your experience.
New on the site:
• Chat online with a library staff member for quick answers to basic questions about library access, hours, and resources.
• Keep up with new and useful resources, library events and trainings, changes in hours or policies, and other details via this news site (RSS feed), or join us on Twitter and Facebook.
• Try our pilot of the PolyMeta search tool for simultaneous searching across multiple databases and resources. Enter keywords to search across resources including PubMed, UpToDate, the NIH, CDC, and FDA websites, ClinicalTrials.gov and other selected resources.
• Sign up online for training sessions on tools including PubMed, EndNote, CINAHL, NIH public access policy compliance and genetics and biochemistry databases.
• Check this updated set of online tutorials for help any time in using popular medical, genetics, nursing, citation management and other resources.
• Get starting points and resources for authors and researchers on finding and evaluating medical evidence, funding resources, finding images for use in presentations, search strategy and resource assistance and other topics.
• Find clinical resources available for mobile devices.
• VUMC departments can now pay for DDS/ILL materials online via 1180.
The basic title search for subscription resources provided via the Digital Library works the same way it did on the old website; you may also want to try our keyword search (remove the “restrict to title” check) or advanced search (where you can look for online books, journals and other specific types of resources on a particular subject). See our Help page for additional tips on searching the Digital Library.
To share your thoughts on the new site, please complete our brief survey. We appreciate your feedback.