Vanderbilt Travel Website Training, Tuesday, Nov. 16, 10 a.m.
Employees who travel for business or leisure or who assist in making travel arrangements for others should attend a training session on the Vanderbilt Travel website now posted on the Learning Exchange.
Learn to use the new travel portal effectively, how to book trips online efficiently and cost effectively, when to use a travel agency and maximize their effort and how to protect yourself from errors, second-guessing and unexpected fees or charges. Valuable for both business and vacation travel.
Instructor: Sheri DiGiovanna, Manager Strategic Projects.
Sign up at the Learning Exchange. Current sessions are:
Tuesday, Nov. 16, 10 a.m. in PRB 206
Wednesday, Dec. 15, 11 a.m. in PRB 206
These are just some of the points we’ll cover:
Top 10 Things Your Travel Agency Knows... That you Don’t
1. Airline discounts and double frequent flyer points
2. Double frequent flyer points on Southwest
3. Getting the best price, understanding the price you’re getting
4. Why the playing field isn’t level
5. Beating the Internet on international flights
6. New Orleans for $25 per night
7. Five tips when negotiating for a group
8. Travel Organizer: All of the responsibility, none of the control
9. When to use an agency, when to bypass
10. Isn’t there one place I can go that has everything?