Call for Nominations for VUMC Academic Enterprise Faculty Awards - Deadline Extended
Nominations are being sought for the following 2011 VUMC Academic Enterprise Faculty Awards:
• The Vanderbilt University School of Medicine Awards in Teaching
• The Vanderbilt University Medical Center Awards in Research for School of Medicine and School of Nursing Faculty
The extended deadline for nominations is Jan. 15.
Award recipients are nominated by their faculty colleagues and chosen by 2011 VUMC Academic Enterprise Faculty Awards Selection Committees.
The nomination package must include:
• A letter of nomination (typically from department chair or center director, but may be submitted by other colleagues, as well).
• Three supporting letters from colleagues.
• For the School of Medicine Teaching Awards, additional supporting letters from fellows, residents and students (letters from individuals previously trained by the nominee are not required, but are strongly encouraged).
• A current curriculum vitae.
VUMC Research Awards
The categories of recognition are cycled by even and odd years. For 2011, the categories of recognition are:
• Leadership of a Multi-investigator Team Award – For Two or More Faculty Working Collaboratively or in a Multidisciplinary Manner to Address Important Biological Processes and/or Diseases;
• Sidney P. Colowick Research Award – For Research that Serves as a Platform for Discovery in Diverse Areas;
• William J. Darby Research Award – For Translational Research that has Changed the Practice of Medicine Worldwide;
• Earnest W. Goodpasture Research Award – For Groundbreaking Research that Addresses the Pathogenesis of Infectious Diseases or Important Biological Problems in Immunity;
• Research Enhancement Award – For Development, Implementation, and/or Creation of Technology that Elevates the Research and Science of Multiple Investigators.
School of Medicine Teaching Awards
• Frank H. Boehm Teaching Award - For Contributions to Continuing Medical Education;
• Gerald S. Gotterer Teaching Award - For Innovation in Education Programming that has Proven to be Effective;
• F. Peter Guengerich Teaching Award - For Mentoring Postdoctoral Fellows or Residents in the Research Setting; and
• John S. Sergent Teaching Award - For Teaching Medical or Graduate Students in the Small Group Setting
VUMC Research Award nominations should be submitted electronically, as a PDF file, to the Vice Chancellor for Health Affairs Office, in care of Danielle Certa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VUSM Teaching Award nominations should be submitted electronically, as a PDF file, to the VUSM Office of Faculty Affairs, in care of Auda Hutto at email@example.com.