Find a Form, Tool or Resource
- Other Agreements
- Confidentiality Agreements
- Data Use Agreements
- State & Metro Agreements
- Medical & Professional Services
- Education Agreements
- Stand-Alone Business Associate Agreements
- VA IPA Agreements
- Graduate Medical Education (GME) Visiting Resident Agreements
Industry Research Agreements (non-clinial)
Submit a complete package to OCM in PEER. (include copy of contract, statement of work or protocol, other relevant documents/disclosures, and initial budget.)
- Final budgets are not required up front. Contract negotiation between OCM and sponsor typically occurs simultaneously with the budget negotiation taking place between the department and the sponsor.
- You will receive an e-mail within 48 hours identifying the Contract Analyst assigned to negotiate your agreement.
OCM's target timeframe to review, make changes as necessary and send a redline draft to the sponsor is 5-10 business days from receipt of the complete package submittal from the department.
These are some of the terms required in an Industry agreement. OCM will review and negotiate terms with the other party that meet VU Institutional Policies as handed down from the Office of Research and Office of General Counsel.
- Legal Name (should be Vanderbilt University by and through its Medical Center, not your department or division)
- Official Address (should be 1161 21st Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37232, not your department or division street address and not the OCM address)
- Notices (OCM required, departmental contact optional but recommended)
- Conflict of terms (if agreement conflicts with attachments, exhibits or protocol, the contract terms must prevail)
- Publications (VUMC/PI must have publication rights)
- Intellectual Property
- Sponsor Insurance