2/02/2012 - Vanderbilt Heart & Vascular Institute is hosting a number of events for employees and the community in February in recognition of Heart Month.
• Love your Heart Screening — This glucose and cholesterol screening will be Wednesday, Feb. 8, 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., in the Light Hall lobby and is sponsored by Vanderbilt Heart and the Vanderbilt Stroke Center. Health Plus will also offer Know Your Numbers to check body mass index and blood pressure. This event is open to all Vanderbilt employees.
• Vanderbilt Heart Town Hall — The quarterly meeting will be held on Thursday, Feb. 23, at noon in 202 Light Hall. All employees are welcome.
• The Highs and Lows of Heart Disease — Vanderbilt doctors will answer questions ranging from high cholesterol and blood pressure to complex surgical procedures on Tuesday, Feb. 7, at the Brentwood Public Library, 8109 Concord Road. For more information and to register please go to http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/main/30432 to register.
• Know Your Numbers — Vanderbilt will offer free screenings for cholesterol, glucose and BMI. Two Vanderbilt physicians will be on site for consultations to review screening results. Representatives from Vanderbilt Heart, Vanderbilt Bill Wilkerson Hearing and Speech Sciences, Vanderbilt Orthopaedics and Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center will also be present to answer any health questions. Vanderbilt Bill Wilkerson will provide free hearing screenings. This event will take place on Thursday, Feb. 16, at the Brentwood Public Library, 8109 Concord Road. Please go to http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/main/37420 for more information and to register.
• Women's Wellness Series — The topic of heart disease in women will be addressed on Tuesday, Feb. 21, from 5:30 to 7 p.m., at Vanderbilt Health One Hundred Oaks, 719 Thompson Lane. Please go to http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/main/30554 to register.
• Atrial Fibrillation Seminar — Learn more about your heart rhythm at this seminar on Monday, Feb. 27, from, 6 to 8 p.m., at Williamson Medical Center, Conference Rooms A, B and C, 4321 Carothers Pkwy. Please go to http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/heart/27494 to register.©2013 Vanderbilt University Medical Center