Our Vascular Surgery Fellowship at Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a two-year training program preparing surgeons for either a clinical or academic career in vascular surgery. One position is filled each year through the National Residency Matching Program.
Strengths in our training include:
- Operative and endovascular training in the management of complex aortic endografting and use of investigational device
- Training in a full service non-invasive laboratory with ICAVL accreditation
- Active research in basic and clinical science
First year in training
- The vascular trainee will gain experience in these areas during the first year:
- Non-invasive vascular laboratory
- Clinical endovascular surgery
- Open vascular surgery
- Continuance of education through literature and conferences
Second year in training
During the second year, the trainee will direct the vascular surgical service at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
James Valentine M.D.
Professor of Surgery