In order to participate in the BH Robbins Scholar Program, the following requirements must be met:
- Maintenance of better-than-average clinical competence evaluations.
- Mandatory participation in a monthly seminar series that covers a broad range of research topics including but not limited to ongoing research in the department, available resources for research at Vanderbilt and topics fundamental to design and conduct of research-mentorship, basic statistics, navigating the IRB, medical writing, grant writing, public speaking, etc. This is an integral part of the BH Robbins Program and an attendance of greater than 75% is required.
- Participation in the selection and hosting of the once yearly BH Robbins Lectureship speaker.
- Attendance at, and participation in, as appropriate, the Annual Research Retreat and other mandatory department functions.
- Participation in appropriate events of the ASA, IARS and the Association of University Anesthesiologists as appropriate.
- Completion of at least one approved research project.
- At least one presentation at a national scientific meeting.
- Submission to a peer-reviewed journal of at least one paper, and, ideally, acceptance for publication of at least two papers in peer-reviewed journals by the end of the first fellowship year.