Beginning with the 2016-17 fellowship selection year, we and most programs will be participating in the NRMP match program. Our selection requirments and process will not change:
Requirements for consideration
We consider candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Completion of residency training in Anesthesiology, or
- Current anesthesiology resident training in good standing and targeted for completion before the beginning of fellowship training.
- American Board of Anesthesiology board certification as diplomate, or
- Targeted for ABA board-eligible status by the beginning of fellowship training.
- Completed application
A completed application includes the following:
- Cover letter with preferred starting date and statement of purpose
- Curriculum Vitae, including
- Address, contact information
- Present work status
- All education experience, beginning with undergraduate
- All professional experience (including internship, residency, other postgraduate training / education)
- All work & research experience
- Licensure, if applicable
- Three letters of recommendation, one of which must be from your current Residency Program Director, or equivalent (e.g., chief of anesthesia for those applicants currently in practice).
- Copies of Anesthesiology In-Training Exam (ITE) scores
Selected applicants will be invited for a personal interview at Vanderbilt. We begin considering applicants in January each year (18 months before program start date). Prior to interview arrangements, the Vanderbilt Medical Center Residency/Fellowship Application must also be completed - See the Vanderbilt GME page.
We welcome further inquiries about the application process. Kindly direct these to Donna Ray Anthony, Obstetric Anesthesia Fellowship Coordinator, 615-322-8476.