Requirements for consideration
We consider candidates who meet the following three criteria:
- Completion of residency training in Anesthesiology, or
- Current anesthesiology resident training in good standing and targeted for completion before the beginning of fellowship training.
- American Board of Anesthesiology board certification as diplomate, or
- Targeted for ABA board-eligible status by the beginning of fellowship training.
- Completed application
A completed application includes the following:
- Fill out the VMC Resident/Fellow application https://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/root/vumc.php?site=gme&doc=13198
- Cover letter with preferred starting date and statement of purpose
- Curriculum Vitae, including
- Address, contact information
- Present work status
- All education experience, beginning with undergraduate
- All professional experience (including internship, residency, other postgraduate training / education)
- All work & research experience
- Licensure, if applicable
- Three letters of recommendation, one of which must be from your current Residency Program Director, or equivalent (e.g., chief of anesthesia for those applicants currently in practice).
- Copies of Anesthesiology In-Training Exam (ITE) scores
- USMLE Scores
Selected applicants will be invited for a personal interview at Vanderbilt. We begin considering applicants in January each year (18 months before program start date). Prior to interview arrangements, the Vanderbilt Medical Center Residency / Fellowship Application must also be completed - See the Vanderbilt GME page.
Details regarding the match process, including key dates in the coming selection season, can be found at NRMP.org.
We welcome further inquiries about the application process. Kindly direct these to Michael G. Richardson, MD, Obstetric Anesthesiology Fellowship Director.